Pittsburgh Arts & Lectures sends each visiting children’s author to an area school for a one-hour question and answer session the Monday following Sunday’s public Words & Pictures lecture. The visit is hosted at one school while six additional schools actively participate through video conferencing technology. An unlimited number of schools can log in to view the event in real time.
2017/18 Video Conference Dates
- Dav Pilkey on Monday, September 18, 2017
- Sherman Alexie on Monday, October 16, 2017
- Katherine Paterson on Monday, December 4, 2017
- Nicola Yoon on Monday, January 22, 2018
- Bryan Collier & Sandra Neil Wallace on Monday, February 5, 2018
- Melissa Sweet on Monday, March 12, 2018
Would you like to hear about author visit and video conferencing opportunities?
Sign up to receive emails from us. You’ll be sent a link about a month before each conference to sign your classroom up.
Thanks for making author visits a part of Pittsburgh Arts & Lecture’s programming. These are important, powerful events that genuinely impact the lives of our students.